Congratulations to Riverside for getting the cup back.
Congratulations to Riverside for getting the cup back.
We were hoping we could do the Men’s opener this week, but due to the course being soooo wet, we have decided to postpone the opener until next week.
Please let us know if you cannot make it at (801) 773-0731.
Weekly play will begin Mon March 6th, and the official opener 2 Man Scramble will be held Monday March 20st thru Sat March 25th. Each week there will be separate 9 hole events on each nine, so you can choose to play 9 holes or 18 holes each week. The association fee is $40.00. Weekly play’s entry fee per event is $6.00 plus green fees which includes $1.00 entry into a skins game in flights. Come as a group, or individual. Call (801) 773-0731 to sign up.
Weekly play will begin for the Men’s Association on Tuesday March 7th. The opening 5 Man Scramble will be held Saturday April 8th. There will be a breakfast from 7:30 to 8:15 a.m., with play getting underway at 8:30 a.m. with a shotgun start. The entry is $40 to join and that includes your fees for the opener. Weekly play’s entry fee per event is $6.00 plus green fees which includes $1.00 entry into a skins game in flights. Come as a group, or individual. Make sure you sign up before Sat. morning for the scramble opener so you don’t have to wait in line. Call (801) 773-0731 to sign up.
The Ladies Association will begin their weekly play on Wed/Thurs March 22/23. There will be a morning and afternoon group. The official opener will not be held until Wed/Thurs April 26th & 27th. The association fee is $35.00. Weekly play’s entry fee per event is $5.00 plus green fees. Those wishing to sign up can call the pro shop at (801) 773-0731, or call Flo Abrams at (801) 825-1428.
The couples association will begin the season with a 2 Couples Scramble on Thursday March 23rd and Friday March 24th. The fee to join is $45 per couple and then there is a $5.00 per couple tournament fee each week plus green fees. Get another couple for the opener, or we can pair you up. Give us a call at (801) 773-0731 to sign up.
Standard Examiner report by Jim Burton on July 8, 2013:
If you don’t have a Utah Golf Association (UGA) handicap, this is the year to get one.
for more info see: http://uga.org/membership/index.html
24 Benefits of UGA Membership
UGA Membership is an incredible value!
1. The major benefit of joining the UGA is receiving a USGA Handicap. All golfers should have a USGA Handicap. If you don’t have a handicap you can’t really be classified as a golfer.
2. The UGA, through its own computers, has provided Utah golfers with the best handicapping service in the world. It allows for easy posting of all scores at networked computers at each golf course in the state and gives twice a month updates throughout the golf season.
3. The UGA system links all golfers in the state under one handicap system and makes it easier for professionals to conduct tournaments for our members.
4. The UGA rates and measures all golf courses in the state to provide for uniformity in handicapping.
5. UGA members receive Fairways magazine four times a year, which provides numerous articles of interest and links the UGA membership together. Many benefits advertised in Fairways are for UGA members only.
6. UGA members receive many 2 for 1 benefits on the UGA membership card that total more than $1,000 in value.
7. Your UGA dues finance trips for the Boys Junior Americas Cup, the Girls Junior Americas Cup, and the Hogan Cup.
8. Your UGA dues support and promote junior golf tournaments and clinics.
9. Your UGA dues support and promote the Utah Section of the PGA.
10. Your UGA dues help administer eight-man team leagues for member clubs.
11. The UGA conducts the Utah State Amateur Championship, the longest continuously held tournament in America.
12. Your UGA dues help support the Utah-Arizona Shootout, the Pacific Coast Amateur and Morse Cup Team, and the USGA State Team Championship for both men and women.
13. The UGA conducts numerous major state championships for men, women and juniors, such as the Mid-Am, Women’s Match Play, Senior Am, etc.
14. The UGA coordinates activities in Utah for the United States Golf Association, including conducting USGA qualifying tournaments for all the major national championships.
15. The UGA supports the USGA in its turf grass research, audubon and environmental improvement programs and funds USGA Turf Grass visits to four or five Utah golf courses each year.
16. Your UGA dues help support the Utah Golf Hall of Fame, Library and Museum and the preservation of our history and traditions.
17. Your UGA dues help in golf course development.
18. Your UGA dues help educate local government officials about municipal golf courses.
19. Your UGA dues help support the Utah State Women’s Golf Association.
20. Your UGA dues support the Rules of Golf and provide rules officials at all major tournament events.
21. The UGA recognizes outstanding golfers and volunteers through a visible awards program, including the annual UGA Gold Club Award.
22. The UGA helps local golf courses in the promotion of new play and the teaching of etiquette, with emphasis on fast play.
23. The UGA supports local club officers in administering handicap service and coordinating inter-state club activities.
24. Your UGA dues support a staff of UGA employees to administer the extensive programs and services of the UGA, for which all golfers benefit.